Fully synthetic motor oil
Shell's ultimate protection for vehicle emission systems Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 features its most advanced emissions-compatible technology that helps to keep diesel particulate filters clean to help maintain engine performance.
It helps to reduce engine friction to provide enhanced fuel economy
- Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3's fully synthetic formulation uses Shell's most advanced emissions-compatible technology to help gasoline engine exhaust catalysts and keep diesel particulate filters clean and protects it from ash build-up that can black the exhaust system and lead to reduced engine performance.
- Shell Helix Ultra ECT C2/C3 can be used for modern gasoline engines, diesel engines with particulate filters and gas engines.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Shell's most advanced emissions-compatible technology for low-SAPS oil Protects emission system by helping to keep diesel particulate filters clean.
- Shell's ultimate active cleansing technology
Helps to protect high-performance engines from power and performance-robbing deposits.
- Unsurpassed sludge protection
No other motor oil can keep your engine closer to factory clean (1)
- Superior wear protection
Up to 4x better than API SN specification (2)
Up to 50% better than ACEA C2/C3 requires (3)
- Developed with special antioxidants
Helps to provide excellent oxidation protection throughout the oil-drain interval.
- Low viscosity and low friction
Up to 2.6% greater fuel economy (4)
- Superior piston cleanliness
Up to 45% cleaner than ACEA C2/C3 requires (5).
Exceeds the requirements of API SN specification (6).
- Superior corrosion protection
Up to 3x better corrosion protection than required by API SN (7)
- Superior intake valve cleanliness
Exceeds the requirements for VW based on VW FSI test (8)
- Exceptional low-temperature performance
- Faster oil flow for quicker engine warm-up (9)
- High resistance to mechanical stress
Maintains viscosity and stays in grade throughout the oil change interval.
- Low evaporation formulation
Low oil consumption for less frequent top-up.
(1) Based on Sequence VG sludge test results using 0W-30.
(2) Based on Sequence IVA vs API SN using SAE 0W-30.
(3) Based on OM646LA vs ACEA C2/C3 using SAE 0W-30.
(4) Based on ACEA M 111 fuel economy results vs the industry reference oil using SAE OW-30.
(5) Based on DV4TD vs ACEA C2/C3 using SAE 0W-30.
(6) Based on Sequence IIIG vs API SN using SAE OW-30 .
(7) Based on Sequence VIII corrosion test vs API SN using SAE 0W-30 .
(8) Based on Wi FSI test limits uslng SAE OW-30.
(9) Compared to higher viscosity oils.
SPECIFICATIONS, APPROVALS & RECOMMENDATIONS
- ACEA C2/C3
- API SN
- VW 504.00/507.00
- MB-Approval 229.52, 229.51, 229.31
- Fiat 9.55535-GS1, 9.55535-DS1* (meets requirements)
- Porsche C30
*Should not be used for Fiat SDE 1.3L Euro 6 engines.