Shell Omala S4 WE is an advanced synthetic heavy duty industrial worm drive gear oil formulated using specially selected polyalkylene glycol base fluids and additives.
It offers outstanding lubrication performance under severe operating conditions including improved energy efficiency, long service life and high resistance to micro-pitting.
- Enclosed industrial worm gear systems
- Recommended for industrial worm gear reduction systems operating under severe operating conditions, such as high load, very low or elevated temperatures and wide temperature variations.
- Extended life systems
- Shell Omala S4 WE is particularly recommended for certain systems where maintenance is infrequent or systems are inaccessible (eg yaw gears in wind turbine installations).
- Other applications
- Shell Omala S4 WE oils are suitable for lubrication of bearings and other components in circulating and splash-lubricated systems.
- Shell Omala S4 WE is not recommended for the lubrication of components manufactured form aluminium or aluminium alloys.
- For highly-loaded spur and helical gears the Shell Omala ‘’G’’ series oils are recommended.
- For automotive hypoid gears, the appropriate Shell Spirax Oil should be used.
Features And Benefits
- Long Oil Life – maintenance saving
- Shell Omala S4 WE is formulated to provide excellent oxidation and thermal stability, extending lubricant life and resisting the formation of harmful oxidation products at high operating temperatures.
- This helps maintain system cleanliness over extended maintenance intervals.
- Shell Omala S4 WE Offers the potential to extend service intervals significantly compared to conventional industrial gear oils.
- Excellent wear protection
- Shell Omala S4 WE is formulated to have excellent load carrying capacity providing long component life even under shock loading conditions.
- It also has a high resistance to micro-pitting. These features provide benefits over mineral oil-based products in terms of gear and bearing component life.
- Maintaining system efficiency
- Shell Omala S4 WE Offers improved energy efficiency and lower operating tomperatures in worm gear applications.
- Rig testing has shown efficiency improvements of up to 15% in comparison with mineral oil-based products and 11% over other synthetic hydrocarbon-based lubricants.
- These results have been confirmed by OEM testing and field experience.
- David Brown S1.53.105 G
- Approved by Bonfiglioli
- ISO 12925-1 Type CKE
- ANSI/AGMA 9005-E02 (EP)