Wynns Air Intake & Carburettor Cleaner (54179) is a cleaning product in aerosol to eliminate dirt and deposits in the air intake manifold, on the throttle valve and on the visible carburettor parts.
- In the air intake system of injection and carburettor petrol engines.
- On visible carburettor parts (air passages, adjusting screws, venturi, outside parts).
- On throttle valve and choke.
- On the positive crankcase ventilation valve.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Strong solvent dissolves and removes dirt very fast.
- Strong power jet spray to support cleaning action.
- Cleans carburettor and air intake system without disassembly.
- Dissolves gum, lacquer and deposits.
- For carburettor
For cleaning the visible parts: Remove the air filter. Start the engine and let it warm up. Put choke in open position. With warm engine, spray the product into the air intake manifold on the dirty parts. Spray with intervals. If necessary accelerate to avoid engine stalling because of enrichment of the mixture. Continue until all parts are clean.
- Air intake manifold / throttle valve
Remove the air filter, warm up engine, put choke in open position. With warm engine, spray into the air intake manifold with intervals. Spray on the throttle valve. Accelerate if necessary to avoid engine stalling. In case of injection systems with an air flow valve, open the valve by hand if necessary.
- Automatic choke
Remove the air cleaner. With engine off, spray both ends of choke valve while opening and closing manually.
- P.C.V. (Positive Crankcase Ventilation)
Disconnect the crankcase side of the P.C.V. Insert extension tube into open end of valve and spray while moving valve back and forth. Start engine, spray into valve several times to flush out completely.