Synchromesh gearboxes, including those with integrated retarders, and medium loaded axle drives where mineral or synthetic gear oils are required.
Features & Benefits
- Low power loss - improved efficiency: Special frictional properties, high fluidity combine to give lower power loss, lower operating temperature and higher mechanical efficiency. Long additive life and excellent
viscosity control maintains performance over the oil’s lifetime and provides smooth shifting under all conditions.
- Longer oil drain capability: Long life additives ensure long-term protection of the gears and high oxidation resistance so providing extended drain capability.
- Longer transmission life: Outstanding pitting, scoring and wear protection. Excellent synchromesh compatibility - exceeds requirements of leading OEMs.
- Less environmental pollusion: Reduced environmental damage and improved recyclability result from the significantly lower chlorine content. Markedly improved seal compatibility for increased protection against leaks.
- Recognised by leading equipment manufacturers: A number of leading equipment manufacturers recognise the benefits of synthetic lubricants and are currently evaluating Spirax S6 GXME 75W-80.
- Part of the Shell synthetic lubricants team: Use in conjunction with other Shell synthetic lubricants for maximum benefit.
Specifications, Approvals & Recommendations
- API GL-4
- MAN 341 Z4
- MAN 341 E3
- ZF TE-ML 01L/02L/16K
- SAE J 306